What to do / Leisure contacts / Car rental
ABOUT SANTO AMARO
Santo Amaro is a parish in the municipality of São Roque do Pico , with 12.70km ² of area and 288 inhabitants (according to the 2011 Census). Throughout the centuries , this parish was, by tradition, the main naval shipyard of the Azores. The expert and calloused hands of masters turned twisted trunks into boats , boats ,Trawlers and other fishing vessels and passenger transport. With ancestral techniques were made elegant and fast boats.
In this parish there is a place not to be missed, the Regional School of Santo Amaro, located on Rua do Mar. This school, which is also the Santo Amaro School of Handicrafts, contains an exhibition center for rural daily life.
DISCOVER THE TRIANGLE (PICO, FAIAL AND SÃO JORGE)
Pico is an ideal island to stay while visiting the neighboring islands of Faial and São Jorge. There is so much to see and do! The Faial is easy to visit, it is a mere 25 minutes by boat from the village of Madalena. You can find the boat times that connect Pico / Faial several times a day, every day at www.atlanticoline.pt , also do not miss the opportunity to visit São Jorge and you can find in the same Atlanticoline website the careers, although less frequent, of about an hour's drive to this equally wonderful island. The boats depart from São Roque or Madalena.
On what to visit in the Triangle, you will find many suggestions, contacts and photographs invisitazores.com/">www.visitazores.com Do not miss the opportunity "three in one" to see the whole Triangle.
LAVA HOMES ACTIVITIES
We are happy to assist you with ideas on what to do and visit during your stay. Please browse through the pages below for suggestions for activities inside and outside of Lava Homes and useful contacts.
To schedule any of these activities, contact the reception by dialing 0 (zero) on your home phone.
Bake cake (typical type of corn ball) in the wood oven
Come and do as you cook in a wood oven at Pico. The famous Pico cake is delicious and the old ritual is an unforgettable trip to the scents of yesteryear.
There is nothing like a personalized and relaxing massage to realize that we are really on vacation. Enjoy to give yourself to these pampering that do the body and soul. You can make your request at the reception. Massages take place on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, from 6pm.
Price per person:
- Relaxation Massage Located - € 45 (30 minutes)
- Complete Relaxation Massage - 60 € (1 hour)
- Hot Sailing Massage Located - € 50 (30 minutes)
- Full Hot Sailing Massage - € 65 (1 hour)
We have experienced people with training and positive energy to give you yoga classes. Enjoy. You can register for the reception. Classes are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 10 am The price is € 10 per lesson and lasts 1 hour.
Natural swimming pool
If you want to enjoy the natural pool of Caisinho, it is only 1.2km away from Lava Homes, yet with the advantage of always going down there.
ACTIVITIES ON THE ISLAND
Here are suggested some of the many things you can do and places to visit on the island. In the pages that follow you will find useful contacts to make them.
- Observation of dolphins and cetaceans
- Deep sea fishing
- Boat trips to see the coast
- Tours and walks
- To surf
- Picnics in the island's natural parks
- Tower Cave (Lvvic Tube)
- Swimming in natural lava pools
- Ascent to Pico Mountain - visit to the Mountain House
- Protected Landscape Area of the Pico Island Vineyard Culture - World Heritage Site - UNESCO.The Pico Island Vineyard Culture Landscape is a UNESCO classified site since 2004, comprising an area of 987 hectares on the island of Pico, the second largest of the Azores archipelago. Also visit your Interpretation Center and taste the verdelho wine.
- Lagoons (Captain's Lagoon, Lagoa do Caiado, etc.)
- Back to the Island along the coast - to appreciate the beauty of parishes and lava formations, wineries, natural pools, etc.
- Center for Interpretation of the Culture Landscape of the Vineyard of Pico Island
- Santo Amaro Craft School
- Museum of Whalers, in the village of Lajes
- Whaling Industry Museum, in the village of São Roque
- Wine Museum in the village of Madalena
- Fort of Santa Catarina
- Visit to the Center of Arts and Sciences of the Sea (installed in the old factory of the whale SIBIL).
About the Fauna and Flora of the Island http://siaram.azores.gov.pt
Dolphin and Whale Watching and Sea Tours:
- Talassa Space
9930 Lajes do Pico
- CetaceanWatching Lda.
-Pico Sport Ltd
(+351) 292 622980
(+351) 292 623761
- COWFISH DIVE CENTER
Diving, boat rides
mobile (+351) 914 587 121
Email pedves @ gmail.with
Address: Escola Diving Center, Portinho de Santo Arnaro, 9940-154 São Roque do Pico
- Frank Wirth
Pico Island / Azores / Portugal
- DBM AZORES - Sport Fishing Charters (São Roque do Pico)
- Deep sea fishing
COWFISH DIVE CENTER
Diving, boat rides
mobile +351 914 587 121
Email [email protected]
http: //www.wix.com / pedves / cowfish-dive-center
- Boats for hire - Fishing excursions